Únete al equipo del ASD
Middle School Teacher Duties and Objectives:
The Middle School teacher will work collaboratively with department members, grade level team members, and school colleagues to plan common and coherent learning experiences for students. The teacher creates learning opportunities centered around the academic, social, and physical growth in a way that promotes the development of each child, including a variety of assessments to determine the strengths of each child in core areas of learning. Typically, the middle school teacher at ASD will be skilled in running an advisory program and will work closely with the counselor to ensure a strong program that meets individual and group needs. The teacher should be highly skilled in analyzing MAP and classroom assessments to inform teaching and improve student learning. As well, the following duties and objectives are the responsibility of the teacher on a continuous basis:
Relationships, Rapport, and Classroom Environment
- ● Act as a positive role model for students
- ● Provide a safe, supportive, and engaging classroom environment that is conducive to learning
- ● Know your students as individual learners that bring an array of talents, ideas, and perspectives to the classroom
- ● Work in concert with colleagues
Class Instruction, Assessments, and Grading
- ● Effectively manage each group of students while providing for a variety of learning preferences, ability levels, readiness, and educational background.
- ● Utilize developmentally appropriate practices in structuring classroom routines and relaying content and skills during instruction
- ● Provide engaging learning experiences for students in an inclusive setting that uses Bloom's Taxonomy to foster higher level thinking, problem solving and analytical skills that apply in and beyond the classroom
- ● Engage with students in meaningful activities beyond the classroom which extend learning experiences for students (coaching, organizing field trips, sponsorship of clubs, events, or community service projects, etc.)
- ● Utilize technology (computer, video, internet, etc.) as appropriate to enhance instruction.
- ● Individualize the content when necessary to meet each student's learning needs.
Unit Planning and Designing Learning Experiences
- ● Plan and prepare throughout the year for effective instruction within the classroom.
- ● Contribute as a collaborative team member in the development of cohesive, standards-driven curriculum materials and the establishment of instructional goals.
- ● Work with colleagues and curriculum coordinator to plan high quality Unit and Lesson plans.
- ● Use data from assessments, observations and standardized exams to drive instructions.
Reflective Practitioner and Growth Mindset
- ● Keep current in education through personal and school based professional learning
- ● Engage with leadership in a committed effort to improve one's own instructional skills.
- ● Engage parents and students in the learning process through frequent and meaningful communication about student progress.
- ● Provide timely and constructive feedback to parents and students with actionable plans for growth